 |
| svelibrary.pbworks.com |
The Pale Assassin by Patricia Elliot, is about a girl named Eugenie who lives with her brother at their guardian's home in Paris because their parents are dead. Then, one day, the French Revolution happens and the rich world that Eugenie and her brother Armand live in, is gone. Desperate to survive, Eugenie and Armand hide in poor houses.Armand wants her to go to England for safety, but she refuses to go with out Armand. One day, while living in the poorest house in Paris, Armand gets a letter from their english uncle, requesting that he acompany his little sister to England. Knowing it's his duty, he prepares to acompany her to England and quickly return to help with the revolution. But then, on the day that the are about to leave, His friend Julien, tells of the failed attempt at rescuing the king. So he has Julien take his spot and runs off to see what's going on. Threrefore, Julien, has to take Eugenie to England. Neither of them are happy about this arrangement. Before I continue, I should tell you that Eugenie was betrothed to a rich Assassin who wants her. That is why Armand was going to take her to England in the first place. To escape having to marry that man... Anyway, a lot of things happen and Julien is injurred and Eugenie has to use her looks, flirting skills and intellegence to help the two of them find a way to get across the chanel and into England where her uncle lives. And I never reveal the end even if I want to. Only because if I do, then it'll ruin the story.
This "Pale Assassin" novel, seems to be a, "I was rich, and now that The French Revolution came along... I'm poor and I'm having drama" type of book. It seems very very TV drama good!
ReplyDeleteHmmm... I can agree with Blunderlass on this one but as I ever hardly read (damn, video games) "The Pale Assassin" is something I would PROBABLY read on a rainy day if I was really, REALLY, tired of playing games.
ReplyDeleteSo is the Assassin in the book a good guy or bad guy? And is the girl an assassin as well? Cause she looks to be wearing pale on the cover of the book.
ReplyDeleteThis seems like a very interesting book. I really do not know who would want to be married to an assasin. Me, well I would be scared to marry one. She has to hide from one, even scarier. This book sounds like something I might read.
ReplyDeleteI'm curious as to what "pale" means in the title. This definitely sounds like a book I would like to read.
ReplyDelete