 |
| 2009bookclubblog.blogspot.com |
Number the stars one by one. Hey, it's me. Once again. I finished Number the stars, in one day it was that good. The main character, Annemarie, lives in Denmark with her family and her friend, Ellen Rosen. The Nazis have been in Denmark, for three years. Annemarie in not Jewish, but her best friend is. It's up to Annemarie when they start searching for Ellen and the others. Love, friendship, and faith that God will keep them safe, the Rosens leave Ellen with Annemarie. One day Annemarie is asked to go on a dangerous mission to save her best friends life. Will she take it? Will she be able to save Ellen? In order to find out, you have to read the book. Why Because if I tell you, then what's the point in making you read it?
I think this book was great. It has been awhile since I have read this book, but I have not forgotten this book. Annemarie is very brave. It is a great book to look back at the war and see what was happening.
ReplyDeleteI, too, had read the book. It is a very nicely done book of a young adult learning the horrors of the world and having the guts to stand up, even when it could get her killed. Annemarie certainly has my respect for keeping her friends and family safe, even if she didn't have to.
ReplyDelete